We're looking for a Retail Manager!
We’re after someone who cares about the same things we care about and who wants to help us deliver great customer experiences.
You’ll help manage our shop, promote the farmers we represent and sell their excellent produce – in our Marrickville butchery, on the phone and online.
To start with, we’re looking for these qualities.
- A common sense of purpose: a good understanding of our guiding principles.
- A genuine commitment to learning about our producers, their practices and the products we offer.
- A good listener with a genuine affection for customers and a contagious enthusiasm for what we do.
- Food retail sales experience – bricks and mortar and online. Some cooking knowledge - you’ll be advising customers.
- Small team ethos – do what it takes to get the job done and support and respect each other.
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written.
- OCD – God is in the details.
- Good computer skills – we work with a range of different platforms.
- Marketing expertise – we have a lot to say.
- A good sense of humour – small business is really funny…
Along with our Head Butcher and Head Packer, you’ll run daily sales fulfilment and liaise with customers. These are the sorts of things you’ll be doing every day.
- Stock rotation and inventory management.
- Serving customers.
- Product ordering.
- Assisting with managing classes and other events.
- Contributing to product and event development.
It would help if you had these things.
- Prior experience working with meat.
- Experience working in sustainable food production or similar.
When do we want you?
The job is Tuesday to Saturday, working at our Marrickville butchery. We’re ready when you are.
What do you need to do now?
Send your cv to email@example.com
Please note: we’re looking for applicants with permanent residency in Australia.