Here are a pair of heritage breed, Berkshire pigs hanging around in pasture, grazing on a diverse smorgasbord of plants and insects and digging in dirt rich with microbes and fungi. As life should be - and as it is for the whole pigs we receive from regeneratively-managed local farms. These are the pigs your hams come from.
We've long admired the work of local artist Julie Paterson and this is our second collaboration. Buy a ticket in the Dig Deep Two Good Cooking Class Fundraiser Raffle and you could win one of her paintings of endangered local animals!
Check out our other ham bags and teatowels over in the gift department.
Our heritage-breed, pasture-raised pigs come from these farms:
- Bundarra Berkshires, Barham, NSW
- Extraordinary Pork, Eumungerie, NSW
- McIvor Farm Foods, Tooborac, Vic
- Near River Produce Berkshire pigs, Hollisdale, NSW
- Pillar Rock pastured pork, Binaway, NSW
- OxHill Organics pigs, Wauchope, NSW
- Saulsbury Berkshire pigs, Frogmore, NSW
- Stockinpiggle Hampshire pigs, Stockinbingle, NSW
- Wallendbeen Park pastured pork, Wallendbeen, NSW