This is the whole lamb barrel - rack and loin - boned and rolled into a gorgeous roast and stuffed with lamb mince, lemon zest, garlic, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper.
Choose the size you need for the number of people you're feeding - allow app 350 gm per person uncooked weight - and we'll prepare your lambchetta to order. Sizing will be within 5% of your requested size. This product is fresh, not frozen.
Roast or barbecue, rest, slice and serve. You'll have a lovely crispy outer skin with a succulent centre.
We buy whole lambs, mutton and hogget seasonally on a rotating basis from a number of farms. Your cut will come from whichever lamb is available when you order. The lamb we source is:
- packed with the farm and breed clearly labelled (most probably Demeter bio-dynamic);
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- lambs are 4 - 12 months old;
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture;
- a mix of breeds including Suffolk, Texel and Dorper;
- from NSW farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions.
Photograph: Alan Benson. Styling: Michele Cranston.