Slow cooking osso buco takes time and energy (gas or electricity) so we suggest making larger batches and freezing the left overs for later meals. Osso buco is the shank sliced into pieces and it's full of rich gelatin, delicious muscle and bone marrow.
We buy whole bodies of beef on a rotating basis from a number of farms and your cut will come from whichever beef is available and sufficiently aged when you order. The beef we source is:
- packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- minimum 24 months old and could be up to 36 months or older (most beef is yearling);
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture (except in conditions such as drought where there is insufficient grass available when silage or sprouted grains may be used);
- a mix of breeds including bio-dynamic Red Angus, organic Belted Galloway and organic Wagyu;
- from NSW and Victorian farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions. Find out more about our producers.