Another classic secondary cut used for braising with a slightly shorter fibres and less fat than brisket.
Chuck is usually braised but it's also delicious barbecued and tossed through a salad. Try this recipe for Jehan's Summer Salad with Chuck from our book, The Ethical Omnivore. You can even shortcut the dressing with our Rocket and Walnut Pesto.
We buy whole bodies of beef on a rotating basis from a number of farms and your cut will come from whichever beef is available and sufficiently aged when you order. The beef we source is:
- packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- minimum 24 months old and could be up to 36 months or older (most beef is yearling);
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture (except in conditions such as drought where there is insufficient grass available when silage or sprouted grains may be used);
- a mix of breeds including bio-dynamic Red Angus, organic Belted Galloway and organic Wagyu;
- from NSW and Victorian farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions. Find out more about our producers.