Approximately 100 gm pack. Very thinly sliced.
Eye of silverside and topside cut from our grass-fed and finished beef and cured and air-dried for three months for us by Montecatini Smallgoods. Here's what one customer says about it.
‘When you think the taste can’t possibly get any better it proves you wrong. It’s like it gets better and better every time I buy it. As we say in Italian, it’s so delicious it could resuscitate the dead!’
This product is fresh, not frozen.
We buy whole bodies of beef on a rotating basis from a number of farms and your cut will come from whichever beef is available and sufficiently aged when you order. The beef we source is:
- packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- minimum 24 months old and could be up to 36 months or older (most beef is yearling);
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture (except in conditions such as drought where there is insufficient grass available when silage or sprouted grains may be used);
- a mix of breeds including bio-dynamic Red Angus, organic Belted Galloway and organic Wagyu;
- from NSW and Victorian farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions.