When you place your order you're paying a deposit to hold your order for one of these beauties. We'll charge you the balance when we know the final weight.
Each ribeye cutlet weighs between 550 and 750 gm and easily feeds two people. Your ribeye will be between 3-5 weeks dry aged and the farm will be included on the label.
Let us know if you're after a particular breed and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
This is scotch on the bone and the characteristic intramuscular fat in scotch combined with the connective tissues in the bone make this cut juicy and delicious. Roast or barbecue - best cooked rare to medium rare and left to rest for at least 10 minutes after cooking.
This is not grain-fed beef so you won't see the exaggerated marbling that occurs when cattle are fed a high-energy, protein-rich, grain-based diet and confined to a feedlot for many months where their movements are limited. Of course, you also won't get the toxins that are produced when a ruminant evolved to thrive on a complex mix of grasses is fed exclusively grain in order to fatten them quickly.
This product is fresh, not frozen.
We buy whole bodies of beef on a rotating basis from a number of farms and your cut will come from whichever beef is available and sufficiently aged when you order. The beef we source is:
- packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- minimum 24 months old and could be up to 36 months or older (most beef is yearling);
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture (except in conditions such as drought where there is insufficient grass available when silage or sprouted grains may be used);
- a mix of breeds including Belted Galloway, Galloway, Black Angus and Wagyu;
- from regeneratively-managed NSW and Victorian farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions.