Roast or bbq gently, rest, slice and serve. This product is fresh, not frozen.
Never let it be said that we erred on the side of delicacy in our product nomenclature. Enter the Lamb Pet, a boned lamb loin, rolled and tied into a wee roast. Dear little pet of a thing. Takes 20-30 minutes to cook and, voila! Roast pet.
Alternatively, we'll slice the pet into noisettes which are also quick and easy to cook and are equally delicious. You can say 'noisette' a lot while you're serving them and feel a bit classy too. You may also be interested in the Pet's cousin, the Pork Pal.
We buy whole lambs, mutton and hogget seasonally on a rotating basis from a number of farms. Your cut will come from whichever lamb is available when you order. The lamb we source is:
- packed with the farm, breed and certification clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- lambs are 4 - 12 months old;
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture;
- a mix of breeds including Suffolk, Texel and Dorper;
- from NSW farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions.