Boned brisket is the classic, flavoursome secondary cut used for braising, whatever your preferences - Texan, Chinese, French, Italian - everyone loves brisket. Roast long and slow and serve sliced, braise so it pulls apart and serve stuffed in a roll, cook with mushroom and red wine in a pie or braise with aromatics and chilli.
Fat is flavour and when the fat in good quality brisket melts it's really, really good.
We buy whole bodies of beef on a rotating basis from a number of farms and your cut will come from whichever beef is available and sufficiently aged when you order. The beef we source is:
- packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- minimum 24 months old and could be up to 36 months or older (most beef is yearling);
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture (except in conditions such as drought where there is insufficient grass available when silage or sprouted grains may be used);
- a mix of breeds including bio-dynamic Red Angus, organic Belted Galloway and organic Wagyu;
- from NSW and Victorian farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions. Find out more about our producers.