This is a great way to get a nutritional boost and an excellent way to camouflage the virtues of organs to kids or adults who squirm at the idea.
Our beef mince with 10-15% of the fresh organs from the beef bodies we source. Organs will be fresh heart, liver and/or kidneys, depending on what's available. Our mince is typically 80% beef and 20% beef fat and made using the trim from the whole beef bodies we're breaking each week. This product is fresh, not frozen.
We buy whole bodies of beef on a rotating basis from a number of farms and your cut will come from whichever beef is available and sufficiently aged when you order. The beef we source is:
- packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- minimum 24 months old and could be up to 36 months or older (most beef is yearling);
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture (except in conditions such as drought where there is insufficient grass available when silage or sprouted grains may be used);
- a mix of breeds including bio-dynamic Red Angus, organic Belted Galloway and organic Wagyu;
- from NSW and Victorian farms.