Each steak is approximately 250-260 gm and is cut from a whole rump that has been dry aged from between three - five weeks. Sold in a pack of two steaks.
Rump is the most affordable and, some say, full flavoured of the primary cuts. Roast or barbecue - best cooked rare to medium rare and left to rest for at least 10 minutes after cooking.
This product is fresh, not frozen.
We buy whole bodies of beef on a rotating basis from a number of farms and your cut will come from whichever beef is available and sufficiently aged when you order. The beef we source is:
- packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- minimum 24 months old and could be up to 36 months or older (most beef is yearling);
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture (except in conditions such as drought where there is insufficient grass available when silage or sprouted grains may be used);
- a mix of breeds including bio-dynamic Red Angus, organic Belted Galloway and organic Wagyu;
- from NSW and Victorian farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions. Find out more about our producers.