Save 10% by buying all these cuts in the box. A mix of easy-to cook cuts and a lovely, slow roast.
- T-bone chops x 2: app 500 gm
- 1.0 kg shoulder or neck rolled roast marinated with Karrabool EV olive oil, fresh rosemary, organic NSW garlic and black pepper
- Veal schnitzel - app five pieces: app 500 gm
- Rump steaks x 2: app 500 gm
- Veal mince: app 500 gm
Our rose veal comes from calves that run with their mothers and herd on pasture for the duration of their lives. They are five to eight months old and are milk and grass-fed - see more about our veal below. The Rose Veal Box includes veal from Franckin's and South Hill, two NSW farms that we've worked with for over eight years.
Franckin's Brangus vealers are between five to eight months old and born and bred at Tony and Josie Franckin's certified biodynamic farm on the lush Comboyne Plateau, NSW. South Hill Black Angus vealers are between five to eight months old and born and bred on chemical-free pastures at Clara Bateman's beautiful farm at Wildes Meadow in the Southern Highlands, NSW.
A word about the veal we source
- Packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled.
- Aged between four to eight months.
- Milk and grass-fed.
- Hormone and antibiotic-free.
- Born and bred on sustainably-managed (chemical-free) pasture.
- Raised with its mother and family group.
- From NSW farms.
Read more about our veal here.
Fry your schnitzel until it's golden and crisp.
Heat the oven to 180. Spread a generous layer of tomato sauce over the base of a baking dish and lay the cooked schnitzel on top. Cover with a goodly sprinkle of freshly-grated parmesan, salt and pepper and lay thinly-sliced mozzarella slices on top. Then add another layer of tomato sauce, then mozzarella slices and finish with another sprinkling of parmesan. Cover the dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove the cover and give it another 5-10 minutes. Whack it under the grill briefly for a really golden brown, melted cheese top.