We never tire of waxing lyrical about the joys of cheaper secondary cuts - those muscles that do more work and have more flavour but get a bad rap because they take a bit more cooking. Well, we're the whole animal, nose-to-tail crew so here's a box full of good value secondary cuts for you.
Weights are indicative and may vary slightly according to the cut and type of meat available each week. As always, everything you receive will be clearly labeled with the farm, breed and cut.
These are the kind of cuts you can expect.
- Pork shoulder on the bone: Large - app 2.0 kg. Small - app 1.0 kg
- Beef brisket on the bone: Large - app 2.0 kg. Small - app 1.0 kg
- Whole chicken: Large - 2 x app 1.5 kg. Small - 1 x app 1.5 kg
- Diced meat: Large - 1.0 kg. Small - 500 gm
- Sausages or mince: Large - 1.0 kg. Small - 500 gm