This is an under-rated, delicious cut. A little leaner than a cutlet or loin chop, the leg does more work so it's more flavoursome. The leg chop is excellent to grill or barbecue and you get a bonus section of marvellous marrow.
Choose 2 steaks (app 600 gm) or 6-8 steaks (app 2.0 kg) if you're having people over.
We buy whole lambs, mutton and hogget seasonally on a rotating basis from a number of farms. Your cut will come from whichever lamb is available when you order.
The lamb we source is:
- packed with the farm, breed and certification clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- lambs are 4 - 12 months old;
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture;
- a mix of breeds including Suffolk, Texel, Tattykeel Australian White and Dorper;
- from NSW farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions.