PICK UP & DELIVERY
Marrickville Butchery Opening Hours
Tuesday - Friday: 8.30 am - 4.00 pm
Saturday: 8.00 am - 4.00 pm
Sift Produce fresh fruit & vegetables every Saturday: 8.00 am - 1.00 pm
Regular weekly delivery schedule
City, East, Northern Beaches, Mosman, Cremorne, Neutral Bay
Deliveries on Friday
City, Inner West, West/North West, Lower North Shore (except Mosman, Cremorne, Neutral Bay - see Friday), Upper North Shore
Deliveries on Thursday
East, City, South
Deliveries on Wednesday
City, Inner West
Deliveries on Tuesday
Please note: Customised orders need a little more attention
- If there’s an item you want that requires customised cutting, we’ll need a bit more time.
- Allow two days for us to prepare your order.
- We’ll deliver to you on the next day we’re scheduled to deliver to your area.
1. Where can I pick up my order?
You can pick up from us at Marrickville from Tuesday to Saturday, 8.30 am - 4.00 pm.
2. Is there a minimum amount for pick up orders?
Picking up from us at Marrickville:
No limit - buy as much or as little as you wish.
3. Can I bring my own bag to pick up my order?
This only works at our place in Marrickville. We love it when you bring your own eski or cooler bag.
If you’re picking up from another location, feel free to bring the box and ice mat from your previous order and we’ll pick them up when we deliver your next order. The more we recycle them, the better.
4. Can you pack my meat in my own, reusable storage containers?
Yes, we're very happy to do this (anything to avoid more plastic), with a few provisos.
- It only works when you're picking up your order from our Marrickville butchery.
- Please let us know when you place your order that you'll be bringing your own containers.
- We don't take responsibility for the integrity of our meat once we've put it into your containers - our returns policy doesn't apply.
5. When do I need to place my order?By midday the day before. If it's after midday, please call and we'll do our best to fit it in.
We understand some people like to eyeball their produce prior to purchasing so please drop in and check us out.
During the week, our fridge is well-stocked with all sorts of products including some things you won’t find in the online shop. If you don’t see what you want, we can usually prepare it for you. Alternatively, you can place an order online and come and pick it up.
On Saturdays, all our orders are out of the way and we’re completely at your service with a well-stocked fridge and a butcher standing by.
1. Where do you deliver?
We deliver all over Sydney and we sub-contract a refrigerated courier service to deliver further afield. 'Further afield' means areas like the Blue Mountains, Canberra, Newcastle, the Central Coast and other cities. Please get in touch if you need delivery outside Sydney.
2. What if I’m outside the delivery zones?
If you live outside the areas to which we can deliver or you need delivery on a day that doesn’t correspond with our delivery schedule, we’ll organise for a contract courier to deliver. See above.
3. How much does delivery cost?
Depends how far you are from us. Delivery is calculated by postcode and ranges from $10.00 - $50.00. There is a minimum order amount of $80 not including delivery charge.
Free delivery for orders over $350 that we deliver (that don't require third party courier delivery service).
4. How will my order be packed?
All orders are packed in a sealed styrofoam box with frozen ice mats inside. Your produce will remain fresh and cold inside the box for at least eight hours or longer.
We mostly use recycled styrofoam boxes from Flemington Market so please don’t expect a sparkly new one. Your box will be clean, but not particularly pretty.
5. Will you pick up the box?
What goes around, comes around and we like to recycle as much as possible. Ideally, when we deliver your order, you’ll leave out your box and ice mats from your previous order for us to pick up.
If you’re home when we deliver, our driver is happy to wait for you to decant your produce and take the box away on the spot.
We’re working on options to styrofoam boxes but, at this stage, it’s the best solution for keeping your produce intact and fresh.
6. What about security?
Our drivers will use their judgement to put your box in a spot that is out of the weather and concealed from the street.
However, if you’d like us to put your order in a special spot, please provide simple instructions in the shipping section when you check out.
7. When do I need to place my order?
Please review the table above. If you’re outside the square, please call or email us and we’ll do our best to work out a solution for you.