App 0.9-1.1 kg.
Boned, marinated with fresh rosemary, organic garlic, EV olive oil, salt and pepper and tied up into lovely little rolls. Lamb breast is a classic, overlooked secondary cut that is delicious cooked long and slow so the fat and connective tissue melt and soften and flavour the meat.
Lamb ribs (the breast on the bone) is also delicous.
Brown your rollup first and then put into a warm baking dish with plenty of wine and possibly a bed of finely diced onion, carrot and celery. Or a rough, chunky dice of said vegetables, depending on your mood and time at hand.
Roast, uncovered, in a 160 degree oven for about 40 minutes and then uncovered until it's ready. Let the lamb rest for at least 20 minutes. Boil the cooking juices to reduce and thicken. Slice your rollup, top with the reduced cooking sauce and serve.
We buy whole lambs, mutton and hogget seasonally on a rotating basis from a number of farms. Your cut will come from whichever lamb is available when you order. The lamb we source is:
- packed with the farm, breed and certification clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- lambs are 4 - 12 months old;
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture;
- a mix of breeds including Suffolk, Texel and Dorper;
- from NSW farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions.