Ethical Oporto? Organic, butterflied charcoal chicken for the conscientious carnivore! Simply roast or barbecue.
Choose from three delicious marinades:
- Moroccan: harissa, cumin, lemon juice, NSW garlic and Marri Hanna extra virgin olive oil.
- Mediterranean: fresh thyme and herbs, organic NSW garlic and Marri Hanna extra virgin olive oil.
- Peri Peri: sweet and hot smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, olive oil, lemon and garlic.
There are few things as delicious as marinated charcoal chicken. But if you care about the way chickens are raised, Oporto and all the other charcoal chicken joints just aren't an option - the only way you're ever going to be able to eat charcoal chicken is if you make it all from scratch yourself. The Ferals (our kids) would roll their eyes, call this 'a trek' and slope back to their fetid caves. We get it.
So, while we're not agreeing to come and cook it for you at home, we can do just about everything else for you - source a good chook, butterfly it, marinate it and deliver it to you, if you wish. All you have to do is light the bbq and cook it.
The chicken we source is:
- packed with the farm and breed clearly labelled;
- 8-12 weeks old - outside from 3 weeks;
- growth promotant and antibiotic-free;
- free ranging on chemical-free pasture;
- from either certified organic or fully pastured farms;
- from NSW and Queensland farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions.