This is a cut from the underside of the cow that is often used in Mexican fajitas and Chinese stir fries and noted for the flavour. But it is striated with sinews because it's a muscle that works hard so, unless you have a thing for shoe leather, make sure you cook this the right way. Cut it across the 'grain'.
This product is fresh, not frozen.
We buy whole bodies of beef on a rotating basis from a number of farms and your cut will come from whichever beef is available and sufficiently aged when you order. The beef we source is:
- packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled;
- dry aged for between two to six weeks, depending on the cut;
- minimum 24 months old and could be up to 36 months or older (most beef is yearling);
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- grass-fed and finished on chemical-free pasture (except in conditions such as drought where there is insufficient grass available when silage or sprouted grains may be used);
- a mix of breeds including bio-dynamic Red Angus, organic Belted Galloway and organic Wagyu;
- from NSW and Victorian farms.
The producers we work with are entirely transparent about their processes and welcome all questions. Find out more about our producers.