Veal brisket is lighter and leaner than beef brisket but has similar, melt in your mouth flavours when cooked the right way.
The traditional version is a braise with red wine, onions, garlic and carrots (which would also be delicious with a dollop of our Roasted Tomato Sauce).
But The Monday Morning Cooking Club also do a great fusion Chinese-Jewish version called Sunday Night Brisket - sort of Kylie Kwong meets Barbra Streisand.
The veal we source is:
- packed with the farm, certification (if applicable) and breed clearly labelled;
- aged between four to eight months;
- milk and grass-fed;
- hormone and antibiotic-free;
- born and bred on sustainably-managed (chemical-free) pasture;
- raised with its mother and family group;
- sourced directly from NSW farms and Stix River Dairy in Tasmania.
Read more about our veal here.